The Durham Bulls will host the team’s 2017 Fall Fan Fest presented by Delta on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The free event will feature fan photos with the team’s championship trophies, batting practice on the field, a yard sale at the Ballpark Corner Store and more.
Beginning at 11 a.m., fans can make their way to the Red Oak Rooftop to take photos with both the Triple-A National Championship and Governors’ Cup trophies, after the Bulls captured both the Triple-A and International League titles within the last two weeks. Additionally, the Ballpark Corner Store will have championship merchandise on-hand, while also hosting a yard sale featuring clearance items and game-used cleats, helmets, bats and more. The Ballpark Corner Store will open at 10 a.m.
In an effort to increase fan safety, two separate batting practices will be held at the event. All attendees 13 and older wishing to hit on the field will be able to do so from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., while all fans 12 and under wishing to take batting practice may do so from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Fans will not be allowed in the outfield until 12 p.m., at which point catch on the field will commence.
Other Fan Fest highlights include:
- Canned food drive, with all items donated going to hurricane relief
- Self-guided clubhouse tours
- Bull Durham Beer Co. brewery will be open
- Ticket representatives will be available to showcase open season ticket locations, as well as provide tours of the PNC Triangle Club
- Select concessions stands will be open, serving discounted food and drink