Christmas Choir Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS GOVERN THIS CONTEST.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition (the “Contest”) begins on October 28, 2019 and ends on December 13, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this contest is MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., and Coastal Credit Union (“Sponsors”). Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, postpone or delay the Contest at any time without notice.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is offered only to schools in the following North Carolina counties: Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham, Franklin, Johnston, Nash, Lee, Wilson, Granville and Harnett. Employees of Sponsors or their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, sponsors or other area broadcast companies are ineligible to participate.
4. SUBMISSION DATES AND GUIDELINES. Contest entries will be accepted Monday, October 28, 2019 starting at 5:00AM EST through Friday, November 15, 2019 ending at 11:00PM EST (the “Entry Period”). Each entry must include one (1) holiday song with vocals sung by the submitting choir and include the name of the teacher or adult choir representative, their contact information, school name and grade level(s) of the students in the choir. Accepted audio file types include: .mp3 or .wav (preferred). All entries submitted via CD are non-returnable. Desired length for song submission is two minutes or less. If a longer song is submitted, MIX 101.5 reserves the right to edit the song length to fit programming needs.
The choir representative submitting the entry is responsible for having received previous written permission from all performers or from a parent / legal guardian if the performer is less than 18 years of age and certifies all participants are legal U.S. residents. By submitting an entry, the representative acknowledges that the school has secured applicable licensing for their use of the submitted song.
One entry per choir, singing group or performance unit is allowed. Realizing that schools may have multiple choirs based on grade level and size, separate multiple entries may be submitted from any individual school. Schools are not allowed to combine to form an entry. Submissions will be placed in either Division I (Kindergarten – 8th grade) or Division II (9th grade – 12th grade). All submissions must include registered students from the current 2019-2020 school year.
Each entry will be judged for professional sound and performance quality. Semi-finalists will be selected by MIX 101.5 judges. Each semi-finalist selected to be in the competition will receive airplay of their entry on MIX 101.5 and compete against other choir(s) for votes. MIX 101.5 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual/group that tampers with the Contest or submission process.
5. HOW TO ENTER. There are three ways to submit your entry for the Contest.
A. Online: Entries may be submitted online at wralfm.com. Entrants will fill out an online entry form and upload their audio file. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files. Files should be no larger than 20MB.
B. By Mail: Entries may be mailed to: MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, Attn: Christmas Choir Competition, 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604. All entries should include a CD containing entrant’s choir performing one (1) holiday song and a completed Christmas Choir Competition Entry Form, which can be found at wralfm.com. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files.
C. In-Person: Entries may be dropped off at the MIX 101.5 offices located at 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604. All entries should include a CD containing entrant’s choir performing one (1) holiday song and a completed Christmas Choir Competition Entry Form, which can be found at wralfm.com. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files.
6. VOTING PROCESS
A. Division I (K – 8th grade): MIX 101.5 judges will select nine semi-finalists to compete for listener votes. Three semi-finalist entries will be showcased on MIX 101.5 each day, Monday, December 2, 2019 through Wednesday, December 4, 2019. Each day, listeners will be asked to go to wralfm.com and vote for their favorite semi-finalist showcased that day. Voting will begin at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST each voting day. Daily winners selected Monday, December 2, 2019, through Wednesday, December 4, 2019 will advance to the finals on Thursday, December 5, 2019. Once again, listeners will be asked to visit wralfm.com and vote for a finalist. The 1st place winner will be announced on MIX 101.5 on Friday, December 6, 2019 on or around 7:00AM EST).
B. Division II (9th – 12th grade): MIX 101.5 judges will select nine semi-finalists to compete for listener votes. Three semi-finalist entries will be showcased on MIX 101.5 each day, Monday, December 9, 2019 through Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Each day, listeners will be asked to go to wralfm.com and vote for their favorite semi-finalist showcased that day. Voting will begin at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST each voting day. Daily winners selected Monday, December 9, 2019 through Wednesday, December 11, 2019 will advance to the finals on Thursday, December 12, 2019. Once again, listeners will be asked to visit wralfm.com and vote for a finalist. The 1st place winner will be announced on MIX 101.5 on Friday, December 13, 2019 on or around 7:00AM EST.
7. VOTING RULES
A. Go to wralfm.com and click on the Christmas Choir Competition link to vote for your favorite school choir. Voters are presented with the options to vote for the competing schools for that given day.
B. The voting period each day will begin each day at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST.
C. For both divisions, the school choir receiving the most eligible votes on wralfm.com will win the 1st place prize. The school choir receiving the second highest number of votes will receive the 2nd place prize and the school choir receiving the lowest number of votes will receive the 3rd place prize.
D. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
8. PRIZES/VALUE/ODDS. Three cash prizes are available for each division and are as follows:
• 1st Place – $5,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
• 2nd Place – $2,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
• 3rd Place – $1,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
MIX 101.5 reserves the right to change the prize values at any time and any such changes will be announced on air. Winners may not substitute any prize or any portion thereof. Prizes are non-transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value in the event that prize(s) become unavailable.
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received during the Contest Period. Due to the time delay that exists between MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog and digital over-the-air signals and the time delay that exists between MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog over-the-air signal and MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM digital or online signal may hear their cue to call later than listeners listening to MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog over-the-air signal.
To claim prize: To claim prize, the winning choir representatives or designees, within 60 days of winning, must visit the MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM studio at 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM, and present and allow to be photocopied a valid, government-issued picture ID demonstrating eligibility and correct name of winner. To claim prize, winners must return a completed and signed liability/publicity release form. All federal, state, and local regulations apply and are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. By participating in this contest, or by winning, contestants have granted Sponsors the right to publicize their name, photo, likeness, voice, and details of winning and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules. Prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning, or the prize will be forfeited. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Sponsors. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Winner must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. RELEASE. By entering this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its prize suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By checking the relevant box or selection on the entry form, entrants agree that Sponsor may contact them via email with information, special content or features. An entrant may discontinue receiving such materials at any time by using the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
10. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in this contest constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of any and all materials submitted with an entry, including winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
13. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Wake County, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
14. WINNER LIST. Winner list requests will only be accepted after the Contest Period and no later than January 14, 2010. For a copy of the winner list, send an email with subject line “MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition” to email@example.com.