“MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition”
Sponsored by MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and Coastal Credit Union.
- GeneralNo purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
- Contest Period and SponsorsThe MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition(the “Contest”) is sponsored by MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and Coastal Credit Union (“Sponsors”). The Contest begins on October 29, 2018 and ends on December 10, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, postpone or delay the Contest at any time without notice.
- EligibilityTheContest is offered only to schools in the following North Carolina counties: Wake, Durham, Orange, Chatham, Franklin, Johnston, Nash, Lee, Wilson, Granville and Harnett. Employees of Sponsors or their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, sponsors or other area broadcast companies are ineligible to participate.
- Submission Dates and Guidelines: Contest entries will be accepted Monday, October 29, 2018 starting at 5:00AM EST through Friday, November 16, 2018 ending at 11:00PM EST (the “Entry Period”). Each entry must include one (1) holiday song with vocals sung by the submitting choir and include the name of the teacher or adult choir representative, their contact information, school name and grade level(s) of the students in the choir. Accepted audio file types include: .mp3 or .wav (preferred). All entries submitted via CD are non-returnable. Desired length for song submission is two minutes or less. If a longer song is submitted, MIX 101.5 reserves the right to edit the song length to fit programming needs.
The choir representative submitting the entry is responsible for having received previous written permission from all performers or from a parent / legal guardian if the performer is less than 18 years of age. By submitting an entry, the representative acknowledges that the school has secured applicable licensing for their use of the submitted song.
One entry per choir, singing group or performance unit. Realizing that schools may have multiple choirs based on grade level and size, separate multiple entries may be submitted from any individual school. Schools are not allowed to combine to form an entry. Submissions will be placed in either Division I (Kindergarten – 8th grade) or Division II (9th grade – 12th grade). All submissions must include students from the current 2018-2019 school year.
Each entry will be judged for professional sound and performance quality. Semi-finalists will be selected by MIX 101.5 judges. Each semi-finalist selected to be in the competition will receive airplay of their entry on MIX 101.5 and compete against another choir(s) for votes.
MIX 101.5 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the Contest or submission process.
- How To Enter There are three ways to submit your entry for the Contest.
- Online:Entries may be submitted online at wralfm.com. Entrants will fill out an online entry form and upload their audio file. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files. Files should be no larger than 20MB.
- By Mail: Entries may be mailed to: MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, Attn: Christmas Choir Competition, 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604. All entries should include a CD containing entrant’s choir performing one (1) holiday song and a completed Christmas Choir Competition Entry Form, which can be found at wralfm.com. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files.
- In-Person:Entries may be dropped off at the MIX 101.5 offices located at 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604. All entries should include a CD containing entrant’s choir performing one (1) holiday song and a completed Christmas Choir Competition Entry Form, which can be found at wralfm.com. Acceptable audio file types include .mp3 or .wav files.
- Voting Process
- Division I (K – 8thgrade): MIX 101.5 judges will select nine semi-finalists to compete for listener votes. Three semi-finalist entries will be showcased on MIX 101.5 each day, Monday, November 26, 2018 through Wednesday, November 30, 2018. Each day, listeners will be asked to go to wralfm.com and vote for their favorite semi-finalist showcased that day. Voting will begin at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST. Daily winners selected Monday, November 26, 2018 through Wednesday, November 30, 2018 will advance to the finals on Thursday, December 1, 2018. Once again, listeners will be asked to visit wralfm.com and vote for a finalist. The 1stplace winner will be announced on MIX 101.5 on Friday, December 2, 2018.
- Division II (9th– 12th grade): MIX 101.5 judges will select nine semi-finalists to compete for listener votes. Three semi-finalist entries will be showcased on MIX 101.5 each day, Monday, December 3, 2018 through Wednesday, December 5, 2018. Each day, listeners will be asked to go to wralfm.com and vote for their favorite semi-finalist showcased that day. Voting will begin at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST. Daily winners selected Monday, December 3, 2018 through Wednesday, December 5, 2018 will advance to the finals on Thursday, December 6, 2018. Once again, listeners will be asked to visit wralfm.com and vote for a finalist. The 1stplace winner will be announced on MIX 101.5 on Friday, December 7, 2018.
- Voting Rules
- Go to wralfm.com and click on the Christmas Choir Competition link to vote for your favorite school choir. Voters are presented with the options to vote for the competing schools for that given day.
- The voting period each day will begin each day at 7:00AM EST and end at 9:00PM EST.
- For both divisions, the school choir receiving the most eligible votes on wralfm.com will win the 1stplace prize. The school choir receiving the second highest number of votes will receive the 2ndplace prize and the school choir receiving the lowest number of votes will receive the 3rdplace prize.
- Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
Three cash prizes are available for eachdivision and are as follows:
- 1stPlace – $5,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
- 2ndPlace – $2,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
- 3rdPlace – $1,000 cash prize for the school’s choir program
MIX 101.5 reserves the right to change the prize values at any time and any such changes will be announced on air. Winners may not substitute any prize or any portion thereof. Prizes are non-transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value in the event that prize(s) become unavailable.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received during the Contest Period. Due to the time delay that exists between MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog and digital over-the-air signals and the time delay that exists between MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog over-the-air signal and MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM digital or online signal may hear their cue to call later than listeners listening to MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM’s analog over-the-air signal.
- To claim prize: To claim prize, the winning choir representatives or designees, within 60 days of winning, must visit the MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM studio at 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM, and present and allowed to be photocopied a valid, government-issued picture ID demonstrating eligibility and correct name of winner. To claim prize, winners must return a completed and signed liability/publicity release form. All federal, state, and local regulations apply and are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. By participating in this contest, or by winning, contestants have granted Sponsors the right to publicize their name, photo, likeness, voice, and details of winning and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules. Prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning, or the prize will be forfeited. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Sponsors.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsors are not responsible for problems associated with communications hardware or software, television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, wireless or wired systems, handsets, or networks, Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for any technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during any aspect of the contest or which may interfere with a participant’s ability to login, participate, call, text, register or submit an entry by any approved method, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God that are beyond the control of Sponsors. SPONSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY. Sponsors are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SPONSORS AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or interfere with any entry method, online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest will disqualify the individual responsible and is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the full extent permitted by law.
All contest decisions are made by Sponsors and are final.
- Official Rules: Official Contest rules available at www.wralfm.com and at the MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM studio during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM, at 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change the rules at any time to ensure full and complete disclosure of all rules and restrictions and to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws. For a list of the winners’ names, send a SASE to MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, c/o “MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition”, 3100 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 140, Raleigh, NC 27604 prior to January 31, 2018.