Okay, i've tried these out for you SEVERAL TIMES in my test kitchen now- LOVE them! and so easy- fix and forget till ready to serve! I USED GOAT CHEESE INSTEAD OF FETA, and you can too should you choose.
The recipe is from www.wellplated.com
Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Maple, Cranberries, and Feta
Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup, Cranberries, and Feta. Easy crockpot recipe—Frees your oven and tastes DELICIOUS!
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours (on high) or 3 hours (on low)
Total Time: 2 hours (on high) or 3 hours (on low)
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh cranberries (see notes to substitute dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place brussels sprouts into a 3 or 4-quart slow cooker (see recipe notes if using a 6-quart slow cooker). Stir in the maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook 2 1/2 hours on low or 1 to 1 1/2 hours on high, until the Brussels sprouts are crisp tender but still maintain some chew. Uncover, stir in the cranberries, then recover and cook until the Brussels sprouts are completely tender (but not mushy), about 15 additional minutes on high or 30 additional minutes on low. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve warm.
- To swap dried cranberries for the fresh: stir the dried cranberries in at the very end, along with the feta cheese.
- I have not tried doubling this recipe and cooking in a 6-quart slow cooker, but I believe it should work nicely. You may need to extend the cooking time. I would also recommend stirring every 2 hours to ensure the larger quantity of Brussels sprouts cooks evenly. If you try the recipe this way, please let me know how it goes!
- To prep ahead: Chop all of the Brussels sprouts and place in the slow cooker. Store refrigerated. When ready to cook, proceed as directed. (You may need to add a little bit to the cooking time since the slow cooker will be cold.)